Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saturdays with Thomas, CH 3



Hi. I'm Thomas Jackson Nugent. But my papa calls me Sgt. Poopypants.


I'm going to tell you about my own little "day-in-the-life." Seeing that I'm only about 5 1/2 weeks old, I don't do much that is terribly interesting, but considering that I'm terribly cute, I'm sure it makes up for it!

My papa and mama have me on a schedule. See, they think way too much! So, before I was born, they read ALOT of books. My mama even read books on how to push me out! And I'm thinking...what do the mamas who can't read do? Do their babies stay in their tummies until they've finished "Hooked on Phonics?" Anyway, they read this book called "Baby Wise." The authors say that it's wise to feed me, change my diaper, then keep me awake, then put me to sleep- all in that order. This usually happens in three hour segments.


This is what happens first, and it's my FAVORITE part!












Here I am on my changing table. This picture was taken right after a MONSTER poop. It was so bad that mama had to go through two diapers!
You can tell that I feel soooo much better:)

























This is me in my swing at wake-time. Other times, mama will sing or talk to me. Sometimes, I try to talk back by smiling and making little cooing sounds. I also move my mouth and stick out my tongue to try to copy what mama is doing. (Note: Mama got a little over-zealous with the overalls...I think those are meant for when I'm like, 6 months old!)

















This is mama holding me at the end of waketime. I'm starting to get a little fussy. I don't know it yet, but I'm on my way to the crib for a nap. In fact, that's where I am right now......zzzzz....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little guy is precious! We need to talk soon -- in case you have not heard, your favorite Mississippi friends are experting a little boy in January. . . . Love and miss you!!

Chantal said...

Sgt. Poopypants? That's MY nickname! Wait a minute, I'm not supposed to share that out loud....

anyway...
Your boy is adorable. :-)