Saturday, November 11, 2006

Saturdays with Thomas, CH Momma's day off

"The General" is grounded from blogging this week, so you 'll have a post sans sassiness:) Don't worry- I'll post some pictures in a moment. But for now, I am enjoying some relished time off....ahhh...

Don't get me wrong; I love being a momma. I wouldn't trade it for anything. But my sweet hubby has agreed to let me have one Saturday a month to myself. Presently, I am sitting in the middle of a crowded Panera, enjoying a nice cup of dark, roasted brew. ( I just saw a very pregnant woman walk by. I can't help but think, "Ha! ha! You're pregnant and I'm not...na-na-na-na-na-na! At least, I'm not pregnant this week anyway!) And yet, don't get me wrong on this count either- I think I had a pretty decent pregnancy and a more than decent delivery. I thank God for that! It's just nice to be able to bend over and touch my toes and to sleep on my stomach when that seems to be most comfortable. Anyway, I'm sure I just set myself up for a sudden pregnancy somewhere down the line...

Last night, I was extremely exhausted and not feeling so hot, so Nick went to my favorite Greek delicatessan and got me a Mediterranean sampler. It looked a little too good and I think I ate it a little too fast. I told Thomas that Momma's not going to have hummus and stuffed grape leaves for a long while now! But while I was enjoying my Greek epicurian delight, we took in "Ben-Hur." Nick had suggested it, and although I think I am a far superior movie-picker-outer, Nick really had outdone himself with this one. I had never seen it before, and I'm sorry that was the case- this movie is really worth while. And although it is fiction, it is a movie that is God-glorifying. I won't spoil the end for those of you who haven't yet seen it, but it makes me wish that I had been alive to see how the earth, humans (both dead and alive) were affected by the death of Christ. That must have been amazing to see. I've often thought how the heavens and earth responded to the coming and going of Jesus-the star in eastern sky, the earthquake and blackening of the sky, the dead arising from their tombs....was there that much pomp and circumstance with the birth or death of a caesar, a tzar, a renowned professor (one of Nick's just sat down at the table beside me...he has no idea who I am), a pharoah, a celebrity? And even at His second coming, we will see even more marvelous things, and all of the aforementioned will bow the knee to Him. Their power, influence, intellect, money, and accomplishments will mean nothing. Everything that we strive for- financial security, status, praise of others, relationships, abs of steel- will be absolved. All that will matter is Christ. And yet, knowing this should spur us ("us" mostly meaning me) to Christ mattering the most now instead of waiting until he appears in all His glory in the sky. ( A little rebuke to self...)

Okay, so onto our little one. Here he is; enjoy the pictures!
















morning nap with papa... our little cherub:)

















This was surprising, because his car seat is his least favorite place. But he was happy!






























(.....fill in the blank....) Aaaahhh.....relief!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I share the pictures of Thomas with anyone who stops to talk....the verdict is in.... they all say he looks like Caleb. At the village votin' house the vote was the same. The elder ladies with the blue hair said, "Oh...you can tell that's a Ball kid" I tend to brag on Sgt Poopypants alot. Can't wait to actually hold him and tell him stories..."When your Mama was a baby....." Lots of love and kisses to you all...
Nana Ball

Anonymous said...

Hey Rebecca!
It's nice to have some time to your self, huh? :) Since I'm watching Nathan all during the week while my family is at the school it's nice when the weekends come and I get to spend time with my friends and "relax"!! Hope you and your family are doing well. You guys aren't planning of visiting Indiana any time soon are you?? Or Florida?? Miss you bunches!!!

Kara

Rebecca Nugent said...

hi, Kara!

It's really great that you are getting to spend time with Nathan like that during the week....much preparation for motherhood:) No, no immediate visits to either place, although we'd probably be more likely to visit Indiana in the near future than Florida, because it's so much closer. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

We like the nappin' with Nick pic.
Cherubic is a good word for lil' poopypants!